Head of the Department: Paweł Rybojad, Habilitated Doctor, thoracic surgery specialist
Contact: +48 41 367 4338
The Department comprises:
Thoracic Surgery Unit,
Thoracic Surgery Clinic,
The Department offers 16 beds in The clinic has 16 beds in single, double, triple and quad rooms as well as its own - and his own fully monitored recovery room. We offer diagnosis and surgical treatment of respiratory system, mediastinum and esophagus cancers. Diagnostics include:
- bronchoscopy (endoscopic examination of the bronchial tree) and esophagogastroscopy,
- EBUS and EUS (transbronchial and transesophageal fine needle biopsy using ultrasound),
- fine needle and core needle aspiration biopsy controlled by computed tomography,
- diagnostic videothoracoscopy,
- video mediascinoscopy (operational diagnostics of the mediastinum).
Surgical treatments performed at our Department include:
- primary and metastatic tumors of the respiratory system with an emphasis on minimally invasive surgery: VATS anatomic and wedge resections,
- benign mediastinal tumors,
- esophagus tumors,
- early and late post-traumatic and post-intubation narrowing of the trachea,
- permanent and temporary tracheal, bronchial tree and esophageal prosthesis,
We have a full range of thoracic equipment that allows to perform classic and minimally invasive procedures : gastroscope, EBUS, bronchofiberoscope, fully monitored recovery room.
Research on a wide range of issues associated with lung cancer is conducted at the Department.